Looking for off-the-shelf rooflights?
Visit our online rooflight shop, rooflights.com
In 2021, changes were made to Building Regulations: Approved Document L – Conservation of Fuel and Power which affects building work on both new and existing buildings in England from 15th June 2022.
In the shift towards a Future Buildings Standard planned to come into effect in 2025, the government announced a number of changes to the Building Regulations to help the UK deliver net zero, including a mandatory 30% cut in carbon for all new homes, and a 27% cut for other buildings, including offices and shops. These changes have meant necessary amendments have had to be made to the Approved Document.
Approved Document L – Conservation of Fuel and Power (2021 Edition), supports Part L of Schedule 1 to the Building Regulations 2010, and takes effect on 15th June 2022 for use in England. Approved Document L, Volume 1: Dwellings, gives guidance on how to comply with Part L of Schedule 1 to the Building Regulations and the energy efficiency requirements for dwellings, and Document L, Volume 2: Buildings other than dwellings, should be used as guidance when referring to non-domestic buildings.
Glazing Vision have created a whitepaper which focuses on everything you need to know about Approved Document L in relation to rooflights and roof windows. The whitepaper covers:
• Calculating the target primary energy rate, target emission rate and target fabric energy efficiency rate in dwellings
• Limiting heat gains and losses in rooflights and roof windows in dwellings
• New rooflights and roof windows in existing dwellings, including extensions
• Work to rooflights and roof windows in existing dwellings
• Calculating the target primary energy rate and target emission rate in buildings other than dwellings
• Limiting heat gains and losses in rooflights and roof windows in buildings other than dwellings
• New rooflights and roof windows in existing buildings, including extensions
• Work to rooflights and roof windows in existing buildings
By providing this information, it allows us to forward your enquiry on to your local Technical Specification Manager and enables them to provide you with a formal quotation quicker.